Pest Free Warrant
Our vessels at Kawau Cruises have been given a Pest-free Warrant by DOC and Auckland Council, showing we are meeting biosecurity standards for visiting pest-free islands and other islands in the Hauraki Gulf.
Prepare for your trip by being alert for stowaways such as Argentine ants, plague/rainbow skinks, soil, seeds, mice or rats. Please:
- Make sure all food is packed and sealed in plastic containers with lid. Ensure cardboard boxes are closed and taped – there must be no opportunity for an unwanted pest to access the container/box in transit.
- Ensure all footwear and gear is clean and free of soil.
- Thoroughly check any camping or overnight gear for stowaways. Gear that has been stored away is high risk.
- Thoroughly check seedlings, potting mix or plant matter to ensure there are no hitch-hikers.
- Seal up your gear/food as soon as you have finished packing and leave them closed until you reach your destination.
Without your co-operation your trip may not be able to take place, so if you have any doubts or questions about biosecurity, please ask us.
Visit www.treasureislands.co.nz for further information on biosecurity in the Hauraki Gulf.